Guide on the Side. ILTs range from basic knowledge transfer to highly interactive discovery learning and practice sessions. A blended package can also include a KPI pre-assessment that determines learner focus in the ILT, the creation of an action plan and coaching sustainment back in the workplace.
Previous “financial training” focused on how to read the store’s financial statement, even though many dept. managers didn’t have regular access. Yet as UIO’s (units in operation) increased with every sale and the average time most consumers kept their vehicles increased, the opportunity grew for parts and service to contribute to a store’s profit picture.
The CM Team worked with many of its clients to benchmark KPIs (key performance indicators) and best practices. For this course, we developed a blended strategy that leveraged this work by:
- Providing a gap assessment tool that focused on the KPIs the parts and service managers have access to and control over; enabling them to identify their best opportunities for improvement
- Designing a flexible ILT that offered individualized learning and group feedback
- Offering a business simulation in which to practice a variety of “what if” strategies in a safe environment
- Creating an action plan; publishing it on their portal that includes a dashboard to track progress and generates monthly reminders for senior management review and coaching
- Joining an online, virtual quarterly discussion with the same cohort to continue the exchange of best practices
Outcomes were measured tracking progress closing the targeted KPI gaps in the manager’s action plan developed during the learning experience and follow-up reminders automatically sent for monthly review.