We are currently seeking a full-time Instructional Designer/Writer who has experience with blended eLearning solutions. The ideal candidate has the ability to tackle any facet of development required in the process of bringing training experiences to life, from the beginning stages of research and strategy to writing and developing storyboards and training workbooks, all the way to the final design. Can work alongside subject matter experts, instructional designers, programmers, graphic designers, UX designer, and more to complete hi-fidelity training solutions.
Must have strong writing ability, excellent critical thinking and communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a passion for learning.
To apply to this position, please apply via our ZipRecruiter page.
- Consults with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify job tasks and knowledge/performance gaps that best align to driving improved business performance
- Conducts training needs analysis to identify the knowledge, skills and competencies required to complete job tasks efficiently and effectively
- Designs and develops blended learning solutions that include, but are not limited to, Instructor-led, eLearning, virtual classroom, social, etc., including innovative assessment and sustainment tools before and after the formal learning experience
- Develops an effective instructional strategy/learning plan and design documents for each learning intervention based on established learning objectives and the needs of a given audience
- Writes and edits blueprints, storyboards, video scripts, and other learning documentation
- Writes and edits print materials including participant/facilitator guides and job aids
- Leads and participates in special projects, including the piloting of new and emerging learning technologies, learning effectiveness, learning metrics, course delivery, etc.
- Effectively manages interactions with stakeholders, including meeting facilitation, expectations setting, and on-going project correspondence
- Effectively and successfully manages multiple projects to achieve project goals and meet deadlines
- Collaborates effectively with our team of instructional designers, interactive media specialists, graphic designers, programmers, and account executives
- 3+ years of instructional design experience
- Knowledge of Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate a plus
- Experience /knowledge of the automotive industry
- Experience /knowledge of the energy/utilities industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Basic competency with:
- Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Collaborative tools such as Google Docs, Jira, SmartSheet, Dropbox, etc.
- Automotive experience
- Experience working with energy utility companies
- Experience developing training using AR/VR/MR experiences
- Experience with Mager-based instructional design
- Advanced skills with Storyline or Adobe Captivate
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
To Apply to this position, please apply via our ZipRecruiter page.