We are currently seeking a full-time Instructional Designer/Writer who has experience with blended e-Learning solutions. The ideal candidate can tackle any facet of development required in the process of bringing training experiences to life, from the beginning stages of research and strategy, to writing and developing storyboards and training workbooks, all the way to the final design and delivery. Can work alongside subject matter experts, other instructional designers, programmers, graphic designers, UX designers, and more to complete hi-fidelity training solutions.
Must have a strong writing ability, excellent critical thinking and communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a passion for learning and research.
To apply to this position, please send your resume over to email@example.com
- Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts to design and adapt content that meets specific training needs
- Conduct training needs analysis to identify knowledge, skills and competencies required to complete job tasks
- Design and develop blended learning solutions that include, but are not limited to, Instructor-led, eLearning, mobile, video, gamification, simulations, micro-learnings, virtual classroom, social, etc., including innovative assessment and sustainment tools before and after the formal learning experience
- Develop an instructional strategy/learning plan and design documents for each learning intervention based on established learning objectives and the needs of a given audience
- Write and edit blueprints, storyboards, video scripts, job aids and other learning documentation
- Lead and participate in special projects, including the piloting of new and emerging learning technologies, learning effectiveness, learning metrics, course delivery, etc.
- Effectively manage interactions with stakeholders, including meeting facilitation, expectation setting, and on-going project correspondence
- Manage multiple projects to achieve project goals and meet deadlines
- Collaborate with our team of instructional designers, interactive media specialists, graphic designers, programmers, and account executives
- 3+ years of instructional design experience
- Experience designing a variety of training experiences (instructor-led, eLearning, etc.)
- Able to manage multiple priorities concurrently with little oversight
- Attention to detail and accuracy; high level of commitment to exceptional work quality
- Experience / knowledge of the energy/utilities industry a plus
- Experience / knowledge of the automotive industry a plus
- Experience with Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate a plus
- Experience with Mager-based instructional design a plus
- Experience developing training for X Realty (VR/MR/AR) a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Basic competency with:
- Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Collaborative tools such as Google Docs, Jira, SmartSheet, Dropbox, etc.
- Automotive experience
- Experience working with energy utility companies
- Experience developing training using AR/VR/MR experiences
- Experience with Mager-based instructional design
- Advanced skills with Storyline or Adobe Captivate
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
To Apply to this position, please send your resume over to firstname.lastname@example.org